Tuesday 4 January 2011

A lot of things happen in the Trade District

Stormwind - Trade District
It's not only about trade. Of course, that's one of the main activities, there's the bank, the auction house, merchants, etc. But it is far from the only one. There is life, movement, social exchanges, “prophets” announcing the end of the world, a flight master... The inn provides shelter (and a hearth point) to anyone. The Hero's Call board is there too, sending you all over Azeroth.
 
My point is: a lot of things happen in the Trade District. If something is in WoW, it is probably reflected there somewhere. This is what I want to do with this blog. Yes, trade/auctioneering is interesting, but there is so much more to this game. I do not want to have a too narrow focus. This blog will be about anything that is worth talking about in WoW, or about WoW. There will probably be a lot of posts about social interactions between players, and general reflections on the game, because these are my main interests, but I don't want to set any limits, because what makes us play is not one aspect of the game, but all of them together, and how they fit so well together to create one of the most enjoyable and fascinating world I know of: Azeroth.
 
I have been playing WoW on and off for a while now. I have pretty much started over from scratch with Cataclysm, and I am happily leveling my Worgen Mage in the new world.
 
I just have one thing to add for this little introduction: what makes a good old Trade District alive and colourful is its barkers and all the random people that stand on boxes and shout at the crowd. For that reason, I happily welcome guest posts and I hope I can create a community of commenters and posters that will help me keep the Trade District alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment